I noticed and had pointed out several issue with the latest release of Lightbox Plus. I am planning on releasing another version today that will hopefully recify the issues.
The upgrade was not removing the old unneccesary files from the plugin – the plugin needs re-initialization at least once upon upgrading. This will now remove old Lightbox Plus files assuming you have the correct permissions on you server to do so. Otherwise you must manually remove the following files and directories:
This will give you a clean install. You will still want to re-initialize or set and save the settings for Lightbox Plus before proceeding.
Lightbox Plus was not working with certain galleries out of the box this should be corrected already but I’d like to know if people are having issues. Basically LBP should work automatically for any images laid out with the following format:
<a href="image/url" rel="lightbox[imagegroup]"><img src="image/url" /></a>
Lightbox Plus attempts to automatically add
rel="lightbox[postID]" for any images meeting this criteria output during the WordPress content loop function. If it cannot do this you must manually add
rel="lightbox[imagegroup]". If you are using a gallery such as NextGEN you should be able to specify to add that. I would assume other galleries allow it as well.
- Upgrades leaving old files in place
- Issue Fixed: Well mostly, you will need to reinitialize the plugin via the reset/re-initialize button on the plugin page. This will remove the old files. This will be released today in version 1.5.2.
- Upgrade fails in some for or fashion
- Workaround: Remove the plugin and install a new copy. Use the reset button afterwards to remove old setting and instantiate new ones.
- Not working correctly with WordPress built-in gallery features – requires manual intervention
- Still working on this problem – unless I can get the regular expressions to identify the output of the shortcode correctly this will probably not work
- Workaround: Use one of the many gallery plugins that support lightbox, NextGEN Gallery, Lazyest Gallery, or Inline Gallery for example
- Some small errors on my part that was causing the slideshow delay to be inaccurate in the timing list
- Issue Fixed: will be released today in version 1.5.2.
- When reseting/re-initializing LBP the setting do not appear correctly when the page reloads.
- Workaround: click on the Lightbox Plus link under appearance and you will see the current settings.
- Update: This problem is only apprent in Chrome and Opera. Works fine in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. These may be browser related issues but I am investigating the problem more
- Workaround – Chrome: click on the Lightbox Plus link under appearance and you will see the current settings.
- Workaround – Opera: for whatever reason Opera is completely failing to save re-initialization settings, you must manually set and save them.
I hope to correct all some of these issues today and release Lightbox Plus as version 1.5.2.
Please post comments here for issues with 1.5.x only so that I can track and correct them.