Lightbox Plus version 1.6.8 has been released. It fixes several issue such as the double
rel=lightbox tag that was being generated. I also fixed some issues with the style sheets especially the back end style sheet for the admin panel and the IE 6 specific style sheets in some of the themes.
The main new feature that I added was the ability to auto-lightbox links to images that did not have an image in the link (i.e. text links to images.) I also added additional control over the width and height of images which can allow for interesting display options and different handling for long text.
Lightbox Plus now also works with WordPress MU. It has been tested with version 2.9.2 of WordPress MU and works quite well. It can be enabled globally or individually.
Full list of changes below.
- Fixed duplicate
rel=lightboxtags being generated.
- Fixed IE 6 specific stylesheets – should provide correct headers for php based css documents.
- AlphaImageLoader should automatically be configure for old verions of IE – 6 or less
- As of this version IE 6 or less are no longer supported.
- If you are using IE 6 or less it is recommended that you upgrade your browser.
- Added option to auto-lightbox text links to images
- Added additional width and height options
- width – can set a fixed total width. This includes borders and buttons.
- height – can set a fixed total height. This includes borders and buttons.
- innerWidth – This is an alternative to ‘width’ used to set a fixed inner width. This excludes borders and buttons.
- innerHeight – This is an alternative to ‘height’ used to set a fixed inner height. This excludes borders and buttons.
- initialWidth – can set the initial width, prior to any content being loaded.
- initialHeight – can set the initial height, prior to any content being loaded.
admin-html.phpto correct a top level class that may effect global styles.
- Now works correctly with WordPress MU
- Tested with WordPress MU 2.9.2
- Degradation of performance in Firefox corrected. May still occur in older versions
- Note: with the release of Firefox 3.0.19 the 3.0.x branch of Firefox will reach its end of life on March 30, 2010
If you require support you can go to the Lightbox Plus message board.