Lightbox Plus is now up to version 2.1 which replaces the regular expression method for adding lightboxes to content with a new HTML parser method. Thus far it seems to be much more accurate in interpreting HTML and correctly identifying elements to lightbox. I also added the option to have your styles live outside of the Lightbox plugin directory which will enable custom styles sets that don’t get removed during upgrades. There are some other changes as well, follow the jump for all the details.
- Now requires PHP 5+, no PHP 4 support.
- PHP4 reached it’s end of life on 8/8/2008 nearly 2 years ago.
- Fixed problems with initialization and re-initialization of the plugin not working under various circumsanstances.
- Add code for activation/deactivation of the plugin
- Added true HTML parser instead of regular expressions
- Using PHP Simple HTML DOM Parser for parsing HTML
- Should mitigate issues of not consuming the HTML content and correctly modifying it
- Change method for finding and selecting styles
- Added option for stylesheet directory to reside outside of plugin directory
- Lightbox Plus no longer stores stylesheet path in options, it is now pulled from global definitions
- It should now be easier to use on multiple servers with different paths.
- Added support for multiple galleries on a single page displaying separate slide shows
- Updated ColorBox to version 1.3.9
- Fixed a bug in IE where iframed youtube videos were not opening correctly.
If you need support please go to the Lightbox Plus message board.